ARNPRIOR – The Renfrew County District Health Unit (RCDHU) declared a COVID-19 workplace outbreak at Arnprior Aerospace Inc. yesterday (May 2).
“Today, RCDHU is confirming Arnprior Aerospace Inc. meets the provincial guideline for the declaration of a workplace outbreak, with four employees to date who have tested positive for the novel coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19) with the potential for more cases to follow,” the RCDHU released in a statement yesterday evening. “RCDHU is working closely with Arnprior Aerospace Inc. to ensure necessary measures continue to be in place to protect all staff and the public.”
Arnprior Aerospace is one of the few remaining manufacturing plants still operating in Arnprior with more than 60 years history in the community under various operation names such as Boeing Arnprior. The company has roughly 400 total employees across all of its locations and generates roughly $116.34 million (US) in sales according to the Dun and Bradstreet business analytics company.
This workplace exposure took place over three days between Monday, April 26 and Thursday April 29.
“Staff who worked on these dates may have been exposed to COVID-19,” the RCDHU said. “All staff who have been deemed to be a close contact of a positive case were given direction to go home immediately, self-isolate and to arrange for testing. RCDHU is actively investigating the workplace exposures and providing case and contact management to all staff involved. High-risk contacts are being contacted directly by RCDHU.”
If you are a high-risk contact:
- You must self-isolate and self-monitor for symptoms for 14 days
- Do not return to work, school or childcare, in-person
- Immediately self-isolate and visit www.rcvtac.ca to schedule a test or call Renfrew County Virtual Triage Assessment Centre (RCVTAC) at 1-844-727-6404 to arrange for testing
- You must book an appointment for testing immediately and then again 10 days after exposure
- If test result is negative, continue 14-day isolation because of exposure and because COVID-19 could have been developing (incubating) at time of test
- If test result is positive, continue to self-isolate and you will be contacted by RCDHU