OTTAWA – Ottawa Public Library (OPL) is launching Library 1:1, a new service that can help customers find what they are looking for with individualized help from one of OPL’s dedicated librarians or information experts. OPL staff will provide a 30-minute tutorial or consultation – by phone or internet chat – to assist customers in navigating the vast collections and resources available through OPL.
“Library 1:1 is designed to meet the diverse needs and interests of library customers and equip them to benefit more than ever from OPL,” OPL staff released in a statement today (July 3).
- The one-on-one 30-minute consultations can be booked now on the following topics:
- Computer tutorial: Lean computer, Internet, and email basics
- Ebook/Audiobook tutorial: Learn how to borrow eBooks and eAudiobooks
- Bibliocommons tutorial: Learn how to use the OPL catalogue
- Readers Advisory: Get some great book suggestions
- Research: Get assistance with your research
- Online Resources: Discover and explore any of OPL’s online databases
Customers can book an appointment by filling out the Library 1:1 request form on the OPL website.