WEST CARLETON – The West Carleton Wolverines’ season came to an official end earlier this week, and now the team is gauging interest in a summer training camp under the province’s return to sport COVID-19 guidelines.
“The Wolverines are conducting a short two-question survey to gauge interest in a return to play camp to help get our kids back on the field,” the football club released in a statement today.
The camp would be co-ed, ages seven to 13 (birth years 2013 – 2007).
The program would involve two nights per week (Tuesday and Thursday) at the Kinburn Community Centre, 6:30 – 7:30 p.m.
Each session will be approximately one to 1.5 hrs. It will start at an hour per session and lengthen sessions if permitted as camp goes on.
The focus will be non-contact football drills and skills, combined with a Flag Football introduction element. There is the possibility of flag football games but not at this time.
The cost will total $150 – $35 will cover the Ontario Football Alliance Insurance fee and $115 Wolverines Camp Registration fee. All participants will require their OFA fee to be paid prior to attending any sessions.
Camp would start the last week of August and run for seven weeks until Thanksgiving weekend. Approximately 14 sessions.
Given the uncertainty of the current environment as well as return to school considerations the Wolverines will offer refunds based on the policy below:
- $15 Administration Fee Non-refundable.
- If your player withdraws from the program before or up to four sessions into the program 75 per cent of the Wolverine fees will be refunded
- If your player withdraws from the program before or up to seven sessions into the program 50 per cent of the Wolverine fees will be refunded
- No refunds will be given if your player withdraws from the program after seven sessions.
- OFA $35 fee is non-refundable.
“In the event of program cancellation, we will retroactively refund every participant still enrolled in the program,” the Wolverines said. “The following questions are being asked to simply get an idea of program interest based on the above information.”
If you would like to help the West Carleton football club and take the survey, click here.