WEST CARLETON – The nomination period is over and several West Carleton businesses made the cut for the final round of the publicly voted 2022 The Ottawan’s Best of Ottawa Awards.
City of Ottawa media watcher The Ottawan, launched its third annual Best of Ottawa Awards – an insider’s guide to the best of Ottawa, especially in the food and entertainment arenas. Winners are decided by the public and The Ottawan’s readership.
The nomination period was open from Sept. 28 to Oct. 2 and now the finalists have been selected. The finalists have been revealed and you can vote on your favourites until Oct. 11.
“Vote for the best in shops and restaurants, culture, media, people and place,” The Ottawan’s publishers released in a statement.
This year, there are many West Carleton businesses, events and a place and a medium, nominated for a Best of Ottawa Award. Below are the categories and West Carleton finalist:
- Best fish and chips – The Swan at Carp
- Best ice cream/Gelato – The Carp Custom Creamery
- Best pub/bar – The Cheshire Cat Pub
- Best local brewery – The Ridge Rock Brewing Co.
- Best local distillery – Dunrobin Distilleries Artisanal Canadian Spirits and Bitters
- Best patio – The Cheshire Cat Pub
- Best place to see local bands – The Cheshire Cat Pub
- Best large festival – The Carp Fair
- Best furniture/décor store – The Hive in Carp
- Best farmers’ market – The Carp Farmers’ Market
- Best local website/newsletter – West Carleton Online
- Best city councillor – Eli El-Chantiry
- Best member of parliament – Jenna Sudds
- Best neighbourhood – Constance Bay
- Best place to bring an out-of-towner – Carp Farmers’ Market, Diefenbunker: Canada’s Cold War Museum
If you would like to vote in the 2022 Best of Ottawa Awards, click here.
“Winners of the Best of Ottawa 2022 awards will receive a frameable certificate,” Buckham’s Bay-based publishers Martha Gall and Darren Atwater said. “The survey is not long but it is comprehensive, so grab a drink and let’s get started.”
The results will be announced Monday Oct. 17.