OTTAWA – The City of Ottawa has resumed more in-person counter services at the City Hall and Ben Franklin Place Client Service Centres and the Business Licensing Centre at 735 Industrial Ave.
“ As part of the city’s COVID-related safety protocols to support physical distancing, all counter services at city hall and Ben Franklin Place are by appointment only,” city staff released in a statement yesterday (Aug. 4). “The Business Licensing Centre at 735 Industrial will continue to accept clients.”
Currently, only the Client Service Centres at city hall, 110 Laurier Ave. West, and Ben Franklin Place, 101 Centrepointe Dr., are open. More in-person services have been added to their counter offerings:
- Roll books (offered at city hall Client Service Centre only)
- Fire inspections
- Burn permits
- Committee of Adjustment applications, payment and commissioning
- Pet registrations
- Business licences for the following categories:
- Amusement Place
- Flea Market
- Food Premise (restaurants, bakeries, butchers & caterers)
- Pet Shop
- Public Garage (car dealers, car rentals, car wash, gas station, auto repair shop, auto body shop)
- Salvage Yard
- Second-Hand Goods Shop
- Snowplow Contractor
- Temporary Sign Lessor
- Tobacco Vendor
These new in-person services are in addition to:
- Marriage licences
- Commissioner of Oaths
- OC Transpo products/Presto payments
- Access to information requests
- Yellow Bag purchases for small business that participate in City waste and recycling collection
- Commissioning of a planning application affidavit
- Payments for new planning application fees, Cash in Lieu of Parkland fees and recirculation fees.
- Residents must make an appointment for the Client Service Centre by using the online booking tool on ottawa.ca. Residents without Internet access can reserve a time by calling 311 and choose option six for the Client Service Centre. Requests for same-day appointment will be subject to availability.
- The Business Licensing Centre at 735 Industrial Ave. has resumed operations by offering the following in-person services:
- Business Licenses (all categories)
- Pet registration
To promote physical distancing and reduce risks for clients and staff, the following COVID-related safety protocols and features will be in place at Client Service Centres and other service desks:
- Plexiglass sneeze guards
- Physical distancing signage and seat and floor decals
- Sanitizing products in common areas for both visitors and staff
A Client Service Centre representative will greet visitors, help control the flow of clients, and guide them to the appropriate counter.
Service Ontario at city hall’s Government Service Centre will be operating under its own COVID-modified protocols.
Help us protect you, other clients, and staff by practicing these COVID-safety measures:
- Stay home if you are sick
- Arrive alone for appointments, when possible
- Wear a mask
- Practice physical distancing
- Wash your hands regularly
- Avoid touching your face
For up-to-date information, visit ottawa.ca/covid19 or call 311 (TTY: 613-580-2401).