OTTAWA – Ottawa staff have identified a positive case of COVID-19 for an OC Transpo driver who worked in Kanata Nov. 9.
“(Yesterday), we received confirmation an OC Transpo operator tested positive for COVID19,” Transportation Services general manager John Manconi released in a memo to council Nov. 17. “Their last day of work was Nov. 10.”
The employee has been self-isolating since that time.
“To protect the privacy of the individual, we will not be releasing their name,” Manconi said. “We are working directly with Ottawa Public Health (OPH) and are conducting contact tracing of individuals who have, or may have been, in close contact with this employee.”
OPH has advised the key dates are the 48-hour period prior to the first day the employee showed symptoms; in this case the key dates are Nov. 9 and 10.
“We have begun contacting employees who may have come into close contact with this operator during these key dates,” Manconi said. “OPH is following up with family and friends who may have been in close contact with the employee.”
The employee operated two buses on Monday, Nov. 9 and Tuesday, Nov. 10, serving the following routes:
November 9, Bus # 4455
- Route # 51 Britannia Park 6:10 a.m. to Tunney’s station 6:50 a.m.
- Route # 51 Tunney’s station 7:00 a.m. to Britannia Park 7:40 a.m.
- Route # 51 Britannia Park 7:45 a.m. to Tunney’s station 8:28 a.m.
- Route # 161 Stonehaven/Bridlewood 9:15 a.m. to Terry Fox station 9:54 a.m.
- Route # 165 Terry Fox station 10:00 a.m. to Innovation P&R 10:29 a.m.
- Route # 165 Innovation P&R 10:29 a.m. to Terry Fox station 10:46 a.m.
- Route # 165 Terry Fox station 11:00 a.m. to Innovation P&R 11:29 a.m.
- Route # 165 Innovation P&R 11:29 a.m. to Terry Fox station 11:46 a.m.
- Route # 165 Terry Fox station 12:00 p.m. to Innovation P&R 12:29 p.m.
- Route # 165 Innovation P&R 12:29 p.m. to Terry Fox station 12:46 p.m.
- Route # 165 Terry Fox station 1:00 p.m. to Innovation P&R 1:29 p.m.
- Route # 165 Innovation P&R 1:30 p.m. to Terry Fox station 1:47 p.m.
November 10, Bus # 4358
- Route # 84 Tunney’s station 6:18 a.m. to Centrepointe at Constellation 6:24 a.m.
- Route # 84 Centrepointe at Constellation 6:24 a.m. to Tunney’s station 6:43 a.m.
- Route # 84 Tunney’s station 6:50 a.m. to Centrepointe at Constellation 7:10 a.m.
- Route # 84 Centrepointe at Constellation 7:10 a.m. to Tunney’s station 7:30 a.m.
- Route # 83 Tunney’s station 7:35 a.m. to Viewmount/Grand Carmen 8:01 a.m.
- Route # 83 Viewmount/Grand Carmen 8:04 a.m. to Tunney’s station 8:36 a.m.
“OC Transpo is identifying vehicles and facilities that may require additional cleaning over and above our enhanced cleaning process,” Manconi said. “OC Transpo has put in place the Transit Service Recovery Plan to help make transit safer for customers and employees.”
This includes making masks mandatory for employees and customers, implementing a soft barrier around the bus driver, and increasing service levels on the system. If customers have concerns about exposure, they can contact Ottawa Public Health at 613- 580-6744 to speak to a public health nurse or visit ottawapublichealth.ca.