- This event has passed.
HCA Carp Winter Carnival
February 18 @ 8:00 am - February 19 @ 11:00 pm
The Huntley Community Association is bringing back the Carp Winter Carnival!
Join us at the Huntley Community Centre (outdoor rink building) on Friday, February 17 and Saturday, February 18, 2023!
Tons of fun activities are planned and refreshments will be available!
We’ll also have some “I ‘love’ Carp” buttons for sale, we hope you’ll wear yours to show the great community spirit that is part of the Carp experience. Details below.
Friday evening (the 17th):
IMPORTANT NOTICE! Unfortunately, due to the unusually warm weather, there is no ice available at the Outdoor Rink. The Friday night Community skate has been cancelled, and the Community Centre canteen will not be open. Saturday activities are still scheduled.
Community skate at the Outdoor Rink – 5 pm – 9 pm Huntley Community Centre Canteen open for hot chocolate and snack purchases.
Saturday (the 18th) – Outdoor Rink Area
- WCOHL ball hockey games starting at 8:30 a.m.
- Road Hockey Games instead!
- Bacon on a bun for breakfast starting at 8:00AM, hotdogs for lunch, refreshments throughout the day.
- Canteen open at the Huntley Community Centre.
- Maple Ridge Farm Maple Taffy display and tasting.
- Fire pit at the Huntley Community Centre.
- Sleigh rides beginning at 10:30AM for seniors and 11:30AM – 1:00PM am for general public.
- Lunchtime kids games at the outdoor rink, 1:30PM.
Saturday (the 18th) – HCA Mess Hall, Craig Side Road
- Spaghetti Dinner (for purchase) at the Mess Hall, starting at 4:00 pm, for take-out or eat-in. See details below. Please order in advance by Thursday February 16 at noon.
- Pub Night at the Mess Hall with dancing, board games, music, and the pool table will be open for play.
- Ski, snowshoe or hike to enjoy the Carp Riverwalk Trail
- Add a section to the Snow Worm at the start of the Riverwalk Trail/baseball diamond parking lot on Craig Side Road and post photos to the HCA Facebook page
Visit the HCA Facebook page to stay up-to-date on all things Carp Winter Carnival!
Note: The Carp Winter Carnival will follow all public health guidelines in place at the time.
WHERE DO I GET MY BUTTON?
The Carp Winter Carnival is almost here (February 17 & 18)!
To attend the Winter Carnival, you’ll want an “I ‘love’ Carp” button!
Buttons will be for sale at the Huntley Community Centre on Saturday during the Winter Carnival. We’d love to see everyone showing their community spirit with an “I ‘love’ Carp” button!
Buttons are $10 each. Proceeds from the buttons help fund Huntley Community Association activities, such as the Winter Carnival events!
Note – We suggest you keep your buttons after the Carnival, as they may give you a reduced admission to future events and activities.
HOW DO I GET A SPAGHETTI DINNER?
You must order your Spaghetti Dinner in advance, as there will be a limited number of meals prepared.
You can take your dinner home, or stick around for some music and to meet old and new friends at our Pub Night at the HCA Mess Hall, 2240 Craig Side Rd. Dancing, board games, music, and the pool table will be open for play.
It’s easy! Spaghetti dinner can be ordered for Saturday night (February 18) by completing the order form.
All orders come with garlic bread. Plates are $12.00 each.
Orders are for take-out or eat-in, at the HCA Mess Hall on Craig Side Road. Take-out hours start as early as 4:00PM, eat-in available after 5:00PM.
The deadline to place orders is Thursday, February 16 at noon.
Payment can be made at pick-up by cash, credit or debit.
Proceeds from this dinner help fund HCA community events, such as this year’s Carp Winter Carnival!